Packaging is not just about putting a product in a box, it involves both science and art to create really good packaging that sells. In fact, packaging is one of the most crucial factors in consumer purchasing decisions. With almost 76 percent of purchasing decisions being made at the point of purchase, a product’s design must immediately stand out from the competition.
1. Promote Brand Awareness: Having visually appealing packaging can increase brand awareness and generate consumer interest. A unique and distinctive design can help shoppers become more familiar with your brand and its style. The more visually striking your packaging looks, the more memorable it becomes – both online and in-store.
2. Colours – Colour Psychology: Your choice of colours will set your product apart from your competitors. Colours influence human behaviour, making it one of the most important elements when designing your packaging. Always take the time to choose colours that make sense with your target market and the emotions you want to create with your products.
3. Keep it Simple: In today’s fast-paced world, consumers have a very short attention span. Therefore, it is essential to catch their attention quickly. If your packaging has too many elements, it is highly likely that they won’t spend much time deciphering it. Even though you should use attractive colours and designs, it is best to keep it simple and straightforward if you want to attract new customers.
4. Use Premium Quality Materials: The branded packaging experience for the consumer is so important. You want the quality and appearance of your packaging to reflect the quality of your product. To ensure this, it is important to invest time in choosing the right board material and finish, such as gloss, silk, or uncoated – especially if the vibrancy and colours of the product are vital considerations.
5. Foiling and Embossing: Foil adds a touch of luxury to your product packaging and enhances its appearance. It not only sets your products apart from your competitors but also elevates their perceived value. You are not limited to gold and silver foils, this also extends to an impressive range of pigmented, pearlescent, opalescent, holographic, and security foils. All of these can be combined with embossed images to produce a product with varying tactile effects – any one of which will uplift your product and provide great shelf appeal.
6. Sustainable Packaging: Many brands are adopting sustainable packaging for various reasons. These include corporate social responsibility, decreasing their carbon footprint, reducing waste, boosting sales, and meeting consumer demand. At MRP, we offer eco-friendly options and plastic-free development. Furthermore, we plant a tree for every order we receive.
7. Unboxing Experience: The ‘unboxing experience’ refers to the moment when a customer receives a package and opens it to reveal the items inside. The main purpose is to provide additional value to the customer by creating a memorable and shareable experience. Here are some ideas that can help you deliver the best experience and value to your customers: printing on the inside of the mailer, adding promotional material, business cards, tissue paper, branded stickers, small gifts, or samples.
Partner with MRP to help: At MRP, we don’t just print and deliver, we add value through design, development, fulfilment, co-packing, and much more.
If you are looking for a solution and would like to discuss it, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Call 0115 955 1000 or email email@example.com.
One call, One company, One solution!